Oklahoma City Thunder (41-24, 21-13 home)
Denver Nuggets (43-23, 18-14 away)
Monday, August 3 :: 3:00 p.m. CST :: The Arena — Disney’s Wild World of Sports
TV Coverage: Fox Sports Oklahoma
TV Coverage: NBATV
Radio Coverage: 98.1 FM/640AM/97.1 Tulsa
View from the enemy: Here.
Line: The Oklahoma City Thunder are 4½-point favorites. The over/under is 219.5.
Online Stream: FS OK | WWLS Sports Animal | Live Stats | Twitter | Facebook
Game Notes: Thunder: here | Nuggets: here
SETTING THE SCENE
- Oklahoma City will look to continue their winning ways as they are one of the hottest teams in the NBA dating back to March. If you include the scrimmage games, Oklahoma City has won seven straight games. We don’t, so they have only won four straight.
- Denver lost to Miami by double digits in their first seeding game will look to avenge that tonight. Denver typically has been a bad matchup for Oklahoma City as of late.
- With no Dennis Schröder and Terrance Ferguson, the Thunder will once again look for someone to step up and help out.
FOLLOWING THE ACTION
- You can catch the radio on Oklahoma City’s WWLS, 98.1 FM. Matt Pinto will be your play-by-play voice. If you’re in Tulsa, catch it on 1450 AM.
- Chris Fisher and Michael Cage call the game on the Thunder’s flagship station, Fox Sports Oklahoma. You can watch the game there, catch it on NBA League Pass, or use the Fox Sports App (If you’re in Oklahoma).
- Currently, the Oklahoma City Thunder are sitting in sixth place in the Western Conference playoff race.
- Oklahoma City is currently two games ahead of seventh place Dallas and a half game behind fifth place Houston.
- Utah, who is in fourth place, leads the Thunder by 1½ games.
- The Thunder have clinched a playoff spot and can finish no worse than seventh.
- They could hypothetically finish as high as second in the West.
SCOUTING THE ENEMY
- The Denver Nuggets are currently 43-23 on the season, sitting in third place in the West behind the LA Clippers.
- Denver lost to the Miami Heat in their opener of the bubble seeding 125-105.
- The teams split their first two regular season games, withe each winning on their home court.
- The Thunder are 99-84 all-time against the Nuggets.
- Since the Thunder relocated, Oklahoma City is 22-23 against Denver
- When they are considered the home team, Oklahoma City is 15-9 vs. Denver
- Denver’s Injury report
Jamal Murray (hamstring) is out.
Garry Harris (hip) is out.
Will Barton (knee) is out.
Vlatko Cancar (foot) is out.
- The Thunder’s largest margin of victory over Denver came on 2/22/15, where Oklahoma City prevailed by a score of 119- 94 (25-point margin of victory).
- Meanwhile, the Thunder’s largest margin of defeat (29 points) vs. DEN occurred during a 90-119 loss on 3/3/10.
THUNDER INJURY REPORT
- Terrance Ferguson (leg) is out for Oklahoma City.
- Dennis Schröder (personal) is out for Oklahoma City.
Keys to the Game
The winner of the rebounding has won the previous two match ups this season. If Oklahoma City can take advantage of some injuries the Nuggets are facing and rebound well, they could win this game. If Jokic is coming out and having a 15-rebound game and nearing a triple-double, the Thunder could be in trouble.
A vague key to the game but basically just play smart, stay out of foul trouble, take care of the ball, and let the Nuggets beat themselves. One thing I’ve learned playing tennis is sometimes you don’t need to hit the big winner to get by your opponent. Sometimes, you have to play out the rally and let your opponent make that careless mistake. Oklahoma City needs to do that here.
The $100 million man is key for the Thunder for the remainder of the season. While we may not always have him here, his play dictates how the Thunder are really going to succeed. Whether it’s getting going early or limiting an opponent like he did Rudy Gobert on Saturday afternoon. The Thunder winning is predicated on Adams playing well.We invite you to follow Thunder Digest on Twitter and like Thunder Digest on Facebook. Don't forget to subsribe on Youtube! Our Podcast is on iTunes and on Stitcher. We also have a Thunder Digest Instagram account if you love fun Thunder photography!