Oklahoma City Thunder (7-5, 4-2 home)
Phoenix Suns (2-10, 0-5 away)
Monday, November 12 :: 7:00 p.m. CST :: Chesapeake Energy Arena (18,203)
TV Coverage: FS Oklahoma (DirectTV 675, Cox 37, HD 722, Tulsa Cox 27)
Radio Coverage: 98.1 FM/640AM/97.1 Tulsa
View from the enemy: Here.
Line: The Oklahoma City Thunder are a 4.5-point favorites. The over/under is 210.5.
Online Stream: FS OK | WWLS Sports Animal | Live Stats | Twitter | Facebook
Game Notes: Thunder: here | Suns: here
SETTING THE SCENE
- The Oklahoma City Thunder begin their march towards another 7-game winning streak as they host the Phoenix Suns tonight in a chilly Oklahoma City.
- The Thunder’s previous winning streak started with a 117-110 win over the Suns back on Oct. 25.
- The Thunder are coming off a 111-96 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night in the Metroplex.
- The Phoenix Suns aren’t the best team in the NBA, but only the second worst team in the association. They’ve lost nine of their last 10.
- Oklahoma City has beat the Suns 14 straight times at home. They’re 15-4 all-time against the Suns at home.
FOLLOWING THE ACTION
- You can catch the radio on Oklahoma City’s WWLS, 98.1 FM. Matt Pinto will be your play-by-play voice. If you’re in Tulsa, catch it on 1450 AM.
- Chris Fisher and Michael Cage call the game on the Thunder’s flagship station, Fox Sports Oklahoma. You can watch the game there, catch it on NBA League Pass, or use the Fox Sports App (If you’re in Oklahoma).
SCOUTING THE SUNS
- The Phoenix Suns are 2-10 on the season, worst in the Western Conference.
- The Suns are 1-9 in their last 10 games, including a three-game losing streak.
- In their last game, Phoenix 119-99 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday night.
- In their three-game losing streak, the Suns are losing by an average 16.3 points per game.
- All-time against the Suns, Oklahoma City actually trails the series 127-109.
- Since the Thunder relocated, Oklahoma City is 24-12.
- When the games are played at the ‘Peake, the Thunder are 15-4 against the Suns.
- The Thunder have won 14 straight. They’ve won four of the last eight by double digits.
- Oklahoma City is 5-3 against the Suns in the post-KD era.
- INJURY REPORT:
The Phoenix Suns are relatively healthy coming into tonight’s game.
- The Thunder’s largest margin of victory over Phoenix came on 2/8/13, where Oklahoma City prevailed by a score of 127-96 (31-point margin of victory).
- Meanwhile, the Thunder’s largest margin of defeat (22 points) vs. PHX occurred during a 118-140 loss on 2/20/09.
THUNDER INJURY REPORT
- Andre Roberson (ruptured patellar tendon) is out.
- Russell Westbrook (ankle sprain) is out.
You can view the NBA’s official injury report here.
- The Thunder travel to New York on Wednesday night and then will travel to Phoenix to play the Suns on Saturday to round out the week.
- They’ll play the Kings on Monday, Nov. 19 and then the Warriors on the 21st, right before Thanksgiving.
- Then, they wrap up the season series against the Hornets on Friday, Nov. 23.
Three Keys to the Game
When a team is struggling like Phoenix is, they’re likely to gamble on the defensive side to make things happen. Oklahoma City needs to make the Mavericks pay when they commit silly fouls. The Thunder make their free throws, they run away with this game.
Limit second chance points
Oklahoma City is lower third in the NBA in allowing second chance points. Maybe it’s Westbrook missing a third of the season or what, but the Thunder’s blocking out has been lacking. Let’s see if the Thunder can step up and stop the Mavericks from dominating the offensive glass.
End quarters strong
Oklahoma City has done a better job this season of closing out quarters. That starts a little bit with the bench, as they’re on the court for a majority of the quarter endings. This should and has to continue tonight. If the Mavericks can pull some momentum at the end of a frame, it could allow a team that shouldn’t win this game, to smell blood and stay in this one.We invite you to follow Thunder Digest on Twitter and like Thunder Digest on Facebook. Don't forget to subsribe on Youtube! Our Podcast is on iTunes and on Stitcher. We also have a Thunder Digest Instagram account if you love fun Thunder photography!