First Round: Oklahoma City (2-1) vs. Grizzlies (1-2)
Thursday, July 12 :: 5:00 p.m. CST :: Cox Pavillion (2,454) :: Las Vegas, Nevada
TV Coverage: NBATV
Radio Coverage: n/a
View from the enemy: Here.
Line: Oklahoma City is a 1-point underdog. O/U is 167½.
Online Stream: ESPN | Live Stats | Twitter | Facebook
Game Notes: Thunder: here | Grizzlies: here
SETTING THE SCENE
- It’s elimination time in the Vegas Summer league as the Thunder will play the Memphis Grizzlies in first round of the tournament.
- Oklahoma City is the sixth seed. They went 2-1 and finished with eight quarter points out of 12 points possible. Memphis finished 27th, going 1-2 and 4 total points out of 12.
- With a win, Oklahoma City will play on Saturday against either Utah or Orlando in the second round. If Oklahoma City loses, the Thunder will play either team as well. They’ll play in the loser’s bracket and that’ll be on Friday at 4:30 p.m.
FOLLOWING THE ACTION
- The Summer League games are on ESPNU and on NBATV. Oklahoma City’s first game will be on ESPNU. Check your local listings. (or here on game day).
SUMMER LEAGUE SCHEDULE
|Friday, July 6||vs. Charlotte||L 88-87||0-1, 2 points|
|Saturday, July 7||vs. Brooklyn||W 90-76||1-1, 5 points|
|Monday, July 9||vs. Toronto||W 92-82||2-1, 8 points|
|Friday, July 6||vs. Charlotte||5p.m./NBATV||Cox Pavillion|
THUNDER INJURY REPORT
- All of Oklahoma City’s roster appears healthy.
Three things to watch
Ferguson has been struggling offensively. You want to see him have at least once game where you go “wow, that’s impressive.” Maybe that’s today or is he saving it for the single elimination tournament? We’ll see. No more of this 1-of-8 shooting tonight. If not, let’s see who steps up in his place.
They say Hamidou Diallo is a stud. He was a projected lottery pick in 2017 but fell hard in the 2018 draft. Let’s see if he could live up to a remote ability of that hype in this year’s summer league. He only scored three points on 1-of-3 shooting yesterday. Would like to see him a little more involved. Maybe get a start against Brooklyn and give the young kid some confidence.
It’s Summer League! Outside of getting young kids run on the hardwood, this doesn’t mean much. Don’t over react if Terrance Ferguson goes something stupid like 2-of-17, that’s the sport. Things are different. They’re just trying to get them action and sometimes it doesn’t work out and that’s fine. Look at Adam Morrison. He was a multiple time MVP Summer League winner.We invite you to follow Thunder Digest on Twitter and like Thunder Digest on Facebook. Don't forget to subsribe on Youtube! Our Podcast is on iTunes and on Stitcher. We also have a Thunder Digest Instagram account if you love fun Thunder photography!