Oklahoma City Thunder (37-29, 12-20 away) vs. Brooklyn Nets (12-53, 8-24 home)
Tuesday, March 14 :: 6:30 p.m. CST :: Brooklyn Nets (17,732)
TV: FS Oklahoma (DirectTV 676-5, Cox 37, HD 722, Tulsa Cox 27, U-Verse 751/1751 HD)
Online Stream: here.
Radio: WWLS Sports Animal 98.1 FM/640AM/97.1 Tulsa
View from the enemy: Here.
Line: Oklahoma City is a 7½-point favorite. O/U is 223½.
Notes: Thunder: here | Nets: here
SETTING THE SCENE
- As the Oklahoma City Thunder continue picking up the pieces from their four game winning streak. Their tw0 game outburst heads to the regentrified borough of New York, Brooklyn.
- The Nets come into tonight’s game with the worst record in basketball. Russell Westbrook has as many 30-point triple-doubles (17) than Brooklyn has wins (12).
- The Thunder beat Brooklyn back in mid-November 124-105. Westbrook pulled down a triple-double then, too.
- Brooklyn is 3-7 in their last 10 games, beating the Knicks on Sunday.
FOLLOWING THE ACTION
- You can catch the radio on Oklahoma City’s WWLS, 98.1 FM. Matt Pinto will be your play-by-play voice. If you’re in Tulsa, catch it on 1450 AM.
- Brian Davis and Michael Cage call the game on the Thunder’s flagship station, Fox Sports Oklahoma. You can watch the game there, catch it on NBA League Pass, or use the Fox Sports App (If you’re in Oklahoma).
WIN OVER THE JAZZ HIGHLIGHTS
- Oklahoma City led by 23 in the second half, but Utah cut the lead to seven with 3:10 left in the game before Russell Westbrook scored four straight to put the Thunder back in control.
- Westbrook recorded his 32nd triple-double of the season, and second consecutive, giving him sole possession of second-most triple-doubles in a season all time.
- Five players were in double figures for OKC, including 22 points for Victor Oladipo in 38 minutes.
- Oklahoma City took control of the offensive boards, tallying 12 to the Jazz’s seven and recording 18 second-chance points.
SCOUTING THE NETS
- The Brooklyn Nets are 12-53 on the season, worst in the NBA.
- The Nets are 3-7 in their last 10 games.
- Oklahoma City is 10-6 vs. Brooklyn in the Oklahoma City era.
- When on the road, Oklahoma City is 5-3 all-time at the Nets.
- Oklahoma City beat the Nets 124-105 on Nov. 18.
- Joe Harris (concussion) is game-time decision.
- The Thunder’s largest margin of victory over Brooklyn came on Jan. 31, 2014, where Oklahoma City prevailed by a score of 120-95 (25-point margin of victory).
- Meanwhile, the Thunder’s largest margin of defeat (31 points) vs. Brooklyn occurred during an 85-116 loss on Nov. 3 2014.
RUSSELL WESTBROOK TRIP-DUBS
- Russell Westbrook has 69 career triple-doubles, that’s best for sixth all-time.
- 20 of the 69 are against Houston, Orlando, Washington, Minnesota, and Philadelphia. He has four against each team.
- Russell Westbrook seven triple-doubles in a row this season is the most since 1989 when Jordan had seven in a row and 10 in 11 games.
- Westbrook is fifth all-time in triple-doubles.
ALL-TIME TRIPLE-DOUBLE LIST
WESTBROOK TRIPLE-DOUBLE CAREER LIST[table “” not found /]
- Oklahoma City is relatively healthy.
50 IS NIFTY
- On March 24, the Thunder claimed a 22-point home victory over the Jazz and in the process, OKC recorded the team’s 50th win of the season.
- Oklahoma City has now finished with a winning percentage of .610 (equivalent to 50 wins) six times dating back to the 2009-10 season.
- Only the San Antonio Spurs (seven seasons with .610 winning percentage), have reached that benchmark more during this period.
STILL GOOD ODDS
- According to Sportsbook, the Oklahoma City Thunder have the eighth best odds to win the Larry O’Brien trophy.
- They have the fifth best odds to win the Western Conference behind, the Clippers, Spurs, Rockets, and the Warriors.
- Oklahoma City heads north of the border to Toronto to play the Raptors on Thursday.
- Toronto is 39-28 on the season, fourth in the Eastern Conference.
- The Raptors beat the Thunder 112-102 on Nov. 9.
- Toronto is 6-4 in their last 10 games.
- Raptors beat the Mavs 100-78 on Monday night.
KEYS TO THE GAME
Flex your muscles
Oklahoma City needs to come out and assert themselves against Brooklyn tonight. This is a really good time for the Thunder dominate the Nets and get some real confidence as they have some big games coming up, like against the Raptors on Thursday night.
Make your free throws
Oklahoma City ranks 25th in free throw shooting at 74.8 percent. The Thunder have to make their free throws. When they were winning games, Oklahoma City is making 77.8 percent of their tries in March. That’s a high improvement and would rank 13th in the month of March.
Take care of the ball
Oklahoma City has been a bit careless recently and that has led to some easy points against them. The Thunder have to take care of the ball and cannot let Brooklyn get out and run against them tonight. If the Nets are moving in transition, might be a long night for the Thunder.