Kevin Durant took a career amount of shots. Russell Westbrook had 28 points, but it took a goal tending call to send it to overtime for Oklahoma City to even have a chance. With 6.0 seconds left Durant drove to the basket against Lamarcus Aldridge. As Durant laid it up, Aldridge smacked the ball off the backboard, earning the goal tending.
In overtime Westbrook and Durant took over. Including a dagger of a three point shot by James Harden. Overtime was capped off by a big Durant jam assisted by Westbrook.
Portland still had a chance in the final seconds of the game, but ‘endrick Perkins blocked Aldridge’s shot. Portland couldn’t foul as Oklahoma City escaped with the 111-107.
Post Game Grades
OKC outrebounded the Blazers 59-39. Oklahoma City also grabbed 18 offensive rebounds. The negative thing out of all this is that Portland nabbed 15 offensive rebounds.
Three-point Shooting: C+
OKC shot 6-22 from deep, however, they held Portland to just 5-20 from deep. OKC’s perimeter defense was really stingy tonight.
Serge Ibaka: B
Serge was everywhere. He had 12 points and 13 rebounds. He topped it all off by adding in 4 blocks tonight. He was instrumental in Aldridge going 2-9 in the fourth quarter.
Some After Thoughts:
- Kevin Durant took a career amount of shots, 33. He had take 30 or more shots just once in his career.
- James Harden played great. 6-12 from the field for 19 points. Was so impressed with his composure and his ability to get to the rim.
- Oklahoma City and second half leads against Portland and Dallas don’t mean much, do they?
- Portland was arguably the best home team, winning by 17.0 points per game. OKC went in and basically led the entire way.
- OKC however trailed by six in the final 1:30. They scored 8 of the game’s final 10 points to send it to over time where they never trailed.
Next up: tonight at Golden State. Tip-off is at 9:30 PM.We invite you to follow Thunder Digest on Twitter and like Thunder Digest on Facebook. Don't forget to subsribe on Youtube! Our Podcast is on iTunes and on Stitcher. We also have a Thunder Digest Instagram account if you love fun Thunder photography!